Looking after your children teeth has never been easier…
Save $1000 on your child’s dental treatment
The Australian Government is now assisting more than 3 million children receive important dental treatments, with $1000 in capped benefits being offered to eligible families via the new Medicare funded scheme – The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS).
At The Smile Centre, we are proud to be a part of this new scheme to help children receive the dental care they need and deserve. The CDBS assists children between the ages of 2 – 17 allowing them to receive $1000 of Medicare-funded general dentistry over a 2 year period.
Who is eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule?
Your eligibility will be determined by Medicare at the start of each calendar year. You are eligible if you are in receipt of the Family Tax Benefit Part A or any of the government payments such as:
- Youth Allowance
- Carer Payment
- Parenting Payment
- Disability Support Pension
- Special Benefit
Child Dental Benefits Schedule dental coverage
- Dental check-ups
- Teeth cleaning
- Fissure seals
- Root canal treatment
Key benefit terms and conditions
- Patients can use their full benefits within their first year.
- If you do not use the $1000 capped benefit within the first year it will roll over to your second year for future use.
- If you do not use the $1000 in the 2 year time period, any remaining benefits cannot be carried over to the following year.
- The benefits can only be used by the eligible patient. This means that benefits cannot be sharedamongst family members.
- Patients need to be between 2 and 17 years of age.
No out of pocket expenses
At The Smile Centre, we bulk bill the general dental services covered by the CDBS, which means no gap fee for eligible families. The only time you will pay a gap fee is when you exceed the $1000 benefit limit within the two year period.
We look forward to welcoming you into our Dental Family
We know that some children feel anxious about visiting the dentist, which is why we create a warm and welcoming environment to ensure your child feels nurtured as soon as they walk into our practice. Our caring dental professionals aim to make the experience as engaging and fun as it is educational to help them look forward to their next dental experience.